Visitors to Gering are sure to enjoy the monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours, cafes and golf courses.
- You'll find 15 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Scottsbluff
- The closest major airport is in Scottsbluff, NE (BFF-Western Nebraska Regional), 4.7 mi (7.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Gering
The picturesque setting of Scotts Bluff National Monument and Wildcat Hills State Recreation Area exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Legacy of the Plains Museum and Monument Valley Pathway.
Here's a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Arcadia Hotel - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and a free airport shuttle. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Gering
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -11°C at night
- Gering gets about 401.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -10°C