Visitors to Frederikshavn are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, monuments and forests. A top sight in the city is Bangsbo Estate.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Frederikshavn
- The closest major airport is in Aalborg (AAL), 34.8 mi (56 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Frederikshavn
The city is notable for landmarks like Bangsbo Estate, Krudttarn and Mollehuset. Taking a ferry is just one of the top activities, while Frederikshavn Harbour and Frederikshavn Golf Club are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palmestrand Beach and Fun House Frederikshavn.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Frederikshavn. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Park Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Hotel Lisboa - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Danhostel Frederikshavn City - With a stay at this 4-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a computer station, along with free WiFi.
Getting around Frederikshavn
With so many ways to get around, exploring Frederikshavn is a breeze. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Frederikshavn Station, FREDERIKSHAVN HAVN (Station) or Frederikshavn Kvissel Station. You can catch a ferry across the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Frederikshavn
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Frederikshavn gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C