Search Hotels in Ella
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 14 Jan 2019
Pocket Guide: Ella
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Ella, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the jungle, waterfalls and mountains. Welcoming and scenic landscape, this countryside city will also delight visitors with its restaurants, forests and sunrises.
- There are 13 Ella hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas June is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 86.4 mi (139.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ella
- Camping is a top activity, and Nature Trail Ella is a great place to visit
- Notable for its monuments and landmarks, such as Nine Arches Bridge and Bogoda Bridge
- The jungle, waterfalls and mountains highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Ella Rock, Little Adam's Peak, and Ravana Falls
Staying in Ella
With 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Ella, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 9 hotels ranging from GBP 27 to GBP 62 per night.You may appreciate one of these traveller-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- The Tenth Hotel
- Misty Hills Ella Resort
The Tenth Hotel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.2 out of 5 user rating. Also Misty Hills Ella Resort has a 4.2 rating by guests.
Dressing for Ella
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 32°C and the nighttime average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Ella gets about 63 millimetres of rain per year