Visiting Drake Bay
Visitors to Drake Bay are sure to enjoy the beaches and local tours. A top sight in the city is Corcovado National Park.
- There are 81 hotels and other accommodation options in Drake Bay
- The closest major airport is in Drake Bay (DRK), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Puerto Jimenez (PJM), 27.1 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Drake Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Corcovado National Park, Drake Bay Beach and Osa Peninsula. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Terraba Sierpe National Wetlands and Drake Bay Hiking Trailhead.
In Sierpe, there are 81 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Margarita - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Vista Drake Lodge - Our customers like the quiet location at this resort. With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Rancho Corcovado Lodge - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and parking. Expedia customers like its location.
Dressing for Drake Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 35°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 34°C, whilst the average at night is 22°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 21°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 32°C and night-time averages of 20°C
- Average annual rainfall for Drake Bay is 2862 millimetres
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°C