Visitors can enjoy all that Djibouti has to offer including the casinos, ecotours and waterfront. In Djibouti, there are 13 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from. The closest major airport is in Djibouti (JIB-Ambouli), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Djibouti
Favourite places to visit in the city include Port of Djibouti, Hamoudi Mosque and Central Market. Additionally, you might want to add Stade du Ville to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Djibouti. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Djibouti Palace Kempinski - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and pool.
- Atlantic Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Acacias Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Djibouti
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 23°C
- From April to June, the average is 40°C during the day and 26°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 42°C during the day and 28°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 34°C as the daytime average and 22°C as the night-time average
- Djibouti gets about 388 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 40°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°C