Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Deauville, which is also known for its casinos and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Eugene Boudin Museum and Deauville Beach.
- There are 91 hotels and other accommodation options in Deauville
- The closest major airport is in Deauville (DOL-Normandie), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Caen (CFR-Carpiquet), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Deauville
Notable city landmarks like Promenade des Planches and Saint-Laurent Chapel might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Trouville Beach and Garenne Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Deauville International Centre and Casino Barriere de Deauville.
In Trouville-sur-Mer, you can choose from 91 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Le Chantilly - Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Deauville City Centre can enjoy access to a bar and a coffee shop, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hôtel Barrière Le Normandy Deauville - Our customers like the beach locale and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Deauville City Centre features a full-service spa, a casino and a restaurant.
- Hôtel Le Patio - This 2-star hotel in Deauville City Centre features free WiFi and a terrace. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Eugene Boudin Museum, located 8.2 mi (13.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Deauville Beach, which is 1.7 mi (2.8 km) away.
Getting around Deauville
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Trouville-Deauville Station. Deauville may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Deauville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Average annual rainfall for Deauville is 835.60 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C