Families will find kid-friendly activities in Covington, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its hot springs and spas. Top sights in the city include George Washington National Forest and Jefferson National Forest.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Covington
- The closest major airport is in Hot Springs, VA (HSP-Ingalls Field), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lewisburg, WV (LWB-Greenbrier Valley), 23.6 mi (38 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Covington
Cultural venues in the city include Alleghany Historical Society, C & O Railway Heritage Center and Warm Springs Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Humpback Covered Bridge, Garth Newel Music Center and Bath County Historical Society. The hot springs and mountains highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including George Washington National Forest, Jefferson National Forest and Lake Moomaw.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Covington. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Inn at Gristmill Square - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hampton Inn Covington - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- The Inn At Warm Springs - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Getting around Covington
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Clifton Forge Station. Covington might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Covington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Covington is 1017 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C