History buffs enjoy visiting Chaves though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, casinos and hot springs.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Chaves
- The closest major airport is in Vila Real (VRL), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Braganca (BGC), 40.2 mi (64.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chaves
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Forte de Sao Francisco, Roman Baths and Palace of Justice, and Chaves Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Montesinho Natural Park and Ponte Trajano.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Chaves. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vidago Palace - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a winery and a full-service spa, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hotel Casino Chaves - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Forte de São Francisco Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Dressing for Chaves
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- About 900.30 millimetres of rain falls on Chaves each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 7°C