Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 25 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 19 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 17 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 19 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 21 Jan 2021
Visiting Charles City
Visitors can enjoy all that Charles City has to offer including the restaurants, shopping and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Top sights around the area include Fort Lee, Jamestown Settlement and Historic Jamestowne.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Charles City
- The closest major airport is in Richmond, VA (RIC-Richmond Intl.), 18.5 mi (29.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newport News, VA (PHF-Newport News - Williamsburg Intl.), 34.8 mi (56 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Charles City
Cultural venues in the city include Evelynton Plantation, Shirley Plantation and Kittiewan Plantation. The city is notable for landmarks like Sherwood Forest Plantation, Westover Plantation and Berkeley Plantation. In the area, you'll also find Fort Lee and Jamestown Settlement.
As you plan your trip to Charles City, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can choose from 475 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Edgewood Plantation is located 6.9 mi (11 km) from the heart of Charles City. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Charles City can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
- The Bed and Breakfast at Peace Hill Farm is 6.4 mi (10.4 km) from central Charles City. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Charles City can enjoy access to free parking and a coffee shop, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Private Country Retreat With Swimming Pool is 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the centre of Charles City. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Williamsburg can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Historic Jamestowne, 18.5 mi/29.8 km from the city centre, and Governor's Palace, which is 20.5 mi (33.1 km) away.
Dressing for Charles City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Charles City gets about 1139 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Charles City?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Charles City, will I receive a refund?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Charles City?
Charles City Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Charles City by Star Rating
- Hotels near Charles City Airports
- Accommodation near Charles City Attractions
- More accommodation types in Charles City
- Choose Your Charles City Hotel Style
- Search Charles City Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Charles City
- Hotels Near Charles City, Virginia
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends