Search Hotels in Cappadocia
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 9 Oct 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 25 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 5 Nov 2019
Reviewed on 25 Aug 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Cappadocia, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its museums and churches. Top sights in the city include Uchisar Castle and Derinkuyu Underground City.
- There are 635 hotels and other accommodation options in Cappadocia
- The closest major airport is in Nevsehir (NAV-Cappadocia), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kayseri (ASR-Erkilet Intl.), 34.1 mi (54.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cappadocia
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Cappadocia Art and History Museum, Goreme Open Air Museum and City and Mimar Sinan Museum. Its churches and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Uchisar Castle, Derinkuyu Underground City and Göreme Roman Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Sunset Point, Rose Valley and Göreme National Park.
In Avanos, there are 635 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Esbelli Evi Cave Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its spacious and clean rooms.
- Asyada Suites Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- The Cove Cappadocia - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its proximity to shopping and spacious, comfortable rooms.
Getting around Cappadocia
If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Kocasinan Himmetdede Station, Nigde Konakli Station or Kayseri Station. Cappadocia might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Cappadocia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cappadocia is 710.90 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C