Get an overview of this hotel3.5-star Braddon hotel in Northern Canberra, near Australian War Memorial
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Located in Northern Canberra, this hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Canberra Centre and Australian War Memorial. National Museum of Australia and Old Parliament House are also within 3 mi (5 km).
Along with 2 restaurants, this hotel has a fitness center and a bar/lounge. Additionally, WiFi in public areas, 24-hour room service, and a business center are onsite.
All 129 rooms offer WiFi, 24-hour room service, and LCD TVs with digital channels. Other amenities available to guests include wired Internet, minibars, and coffee makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business-related amenities at this 3.5-star property consist of a business center and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. 3 meeting rooms are available. This business-friendly hotel also offers a fitness center, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge. A total renovation of this property was completed in April 2012.
Mercure Canberra has designated areas for smoking.
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 3
- Year Built 1927
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Luggage storage
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 129
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning.
Olims Bar & Bistro - This bistro specializes in local cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Courtyard Restaurant - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. Open select days.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness center.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 40.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 24.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: AUD 10 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40.0 per night
- Canberra Mercure
- Mercure Canberra Hotel
- Mercure Canberra
- Mercure Hotel Canberra
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.