Visitors to Calexico are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and cafes.
- You'll find 35 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of El Centro
- The closest major airport is in El Centro, CA (IPL-Imperial County), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mexicali, Baja California Norte (MXL-General Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada Intl.), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Calexico
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Gran Plaza Outlets is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Calexico Community Center and Rockwood Plaza.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Calexico - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Calexico
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 41°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 41°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 35°C as the daytime average and 4°C as the night-time average
- Calexico gets about 28 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 41°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C