Visitors can enjoy all that Cajamarca has to offer including the waterfalls, local tours and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its zoo. A top sight in the city is Cajamarca Plaza de Armas.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Cajamarca
- The closest major airport is in Cajamarca (CJA-Major General FAP Armando Revoredo Iglesias), 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cajamarca
The city is notable for landmarks like Cajamarca Plaza de Armas, Cajamarca Cathedral and Windows of Otuzco. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Inca Baths and Santa Apolonia Hill.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Cajamarca. Below is a top-rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Wyndham Costa del Sol Cajamarca - This 4-star hotel features a casino, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Cajamarca
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 26°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 18°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 15°C as the night-time average
- Cajamarca gets about 23 millimetres of rain per year
- February and March are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while September and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°C