History buffs will enjoy a visit to Cádiz, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the a cathedral and archaeology. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its beaches, cafes and restaurants. Top attractions include Cadiz Cathedral and Torre Tavira.
- There are 20 Cádiz hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Jerez de La Frontera (XRY), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Cádiz
- Popular cultural attractions include Casa de las Cadenas, Casa del Obispo Archaeological Site, and Museo Catedralicio
- Notable for its historic sites, a cathedral, archaeology sites and landmarks such as Cadiz Cathedral, Torre Tavira, and Admiral's House
- The the sea and beaches highlight the natural beauty, and Plaza de Espana, Plaza de Candelaria, and Plaza de Mina are several places worth visiting
- Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Plaza de Abastos and Plaza del Mercado
Getting around Cádiz
Cádiz has plenty of options for transport. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Cadiz Station.
Staying in Cádiz
With 29 hotels and other accommodation options in Cádiz, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 14 hotels ranging from GBP 74 to GBP 188 per night.
For trips with the family or other getaways, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- TRYP Cádiz La Caleta Hotel
- Parador De Cadiz
Searching for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You might like these top-rated, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Casa Palacio Cadiz
- Hotel Monte Puertatierra
A favourite with Expedia travellers is TRYP Cádiz La Caleta Hotel with a 4.5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Casa Palacio Cadiz and Parador De Cadiz are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Cádiz
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- About 22 millimetres of rain falls on Cádiz each year