Visitors can enjoy all that Biel has to offer including the lakeside setting, mountain views and hockey games. Tourists can also enjoy the city's its breweries and seafood restaurants. Top sights around the area include Stade de Suisse Wankdorf, Bern Art Museum (Kunstmuseum) and Bundeshaus (Swiss Parliament).
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Biel
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Biel
The picturesque setting of Lake Biel and City Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museum Schwab and Swiss Reformed City Church.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Biel. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Art Déco Hotel Elite - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Mercure Plaza Biel - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- City Hotel Biel Bienne - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Stade de Suisse Wankdorf, 15.8 mi/25.5 km from the heart of the city, and Bern Art Museum (Kunstmuseum), which is 15.8 mi (25.5 km) away.
Getting around Biel
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Biel/Bienne Station. Biel may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Biel
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Biel gets about 28 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -3°C