Visitors can enjoy all that Barcaldine has to offer including the golf courses, restaurants and theatres. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Barcaldine
- The closest major airport is in Barcaldine, QLD (BCI), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Barcaldine
The city's cultural venues include Radio Theatre and Australian Workers Heritage Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tree of Knowledge Memorial and Barcaldine Golf Course.
Below is a top-rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Barcaldine Country Motor Inn - This 3.5-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and pool.
Getting around Barcaldine
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Barcaldine Station. Barcaldine might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Barcaldine
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 38°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 18°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 38°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- About 417.60 millimetres of rain falls on Barcaldine each year
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 37°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C