Visiting Alexandria Bay
Visitors to Alexandria Bay are sure to enjoy the local tours, riverfront and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Boldt Castle.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodation options in Alexandria Bay
- The closest major airport is in Watertown, NY (ART-Watertown Intl.), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ogdensburg, NY (OGS-Ogdensburg Intl.), 33.8 mi (54.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alexandria Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Schooner Island. Top activities include boating and taking a tour, while Thousand Islands Winery is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Cornwall Brothers Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Alexandria Bay. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rock Ledge Motel - Amenities at this 3-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Riveredge Resort - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Capt. Thomson's Resort - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
A top sight outside the city is Boldt Castle, 2.2 mi/3.5 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Alexandria Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -11°C at night
- Alexandria Bay gets about 1094.70 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -12°C