This Expedia Extras Promotion (the “Promotion”) is conducted by Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, The Office, Manor Royal, Crawley RH10 9NU (“Virgin Atlantic”) and Expedia, Inc., 3150 139th Avenue SE Bellevue, WA 98005 USA (“Expedia”).
This Promotion will apply to Qualifying Bookings (as defined below) made from midnight on 1st September 2008 until midnight on 30th September 2008 (the “Promotion Period”).
ENTRY AND ELIGIBILITY
- By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these rules (which may be amended or varied at any time by us with notice) and our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion.
- You may enter the Promotion online at www.expedia.co.uk (“Website”) or via the Expedia Call Centre on 0871 226 0808.
- The Promotion is only open to UK residents making a Qualifying Booking during the Promotion Period. The Promotion is not open to employees of Expedia group companies or any other person professionally connected with the Promotion.
- The Duty Free Voucher entitles each passenger making a Qualifying Booking (defined below) to a duty free voucher of £50.00 to be redeemed against in-flight retail products with Virgin Atlantic subject to the terms and conditions printed on the Duty Free Voucher.
- To qualify for the Duty Free Voucher you will need to book during the Promotion Period a seat on a round trip flight operated and marketed by Virgin Atlantic (either standalone or as part of a package) departing from a UK airport with travel departing before 31st March 2009 and to be completed before 30th April 2009 (each seat to be a “Qualifying Booking”).
- 6. Bookings for infant seats or seats on flights which are operated on a code share basis with other carriers shall not constitute a Qualifying Booking.
- On completing your Qualifying Booking you will receive a Duty Free Voucher by email. If you have booked a Virgin Atlantic return flight the Duty Free Voucher will be attached to your Expedia travel confirmation email. If you have booked a Virgin Atlantic return flight with a connecting flight you will receive your Duty Free Voucher in a separate email from Expedia.
- Where more than one Qualifying Booking is made in a single transaction the person making the booking on Expedia.co.uk (the “Lead Passenger”) will receive a Duty Free Voucher with the £50.00 entitlement for all the group passengers (e.g. for a party of 4 adults the Lead Passenger will receive a Duty Free Voucher for £200). Duty Free Vouchers held by Lead Passengers on behalf of a group must be redeemed in a single transaction.
- In order to redeem the Duty Free Voucher, you must print the e-voucher and booking confirmation email and either:
- (i) present with your Expedia travel confirmation email to a member of Virgin Atlantic cabin crew during the flight (outbound or inbound);
- (ii) present with your Expedia travel confirmation email to a member of Virgin Atlantic cabin crew during outbound flight and arrange to collect purchases during inbound flight; OR
- (iii) contact Virgin Atlantic call centre on 0870 190 3003 to place advanced order for collection of purchase during outbound or inbound flight. Order must be placed at least 5 days (but no more than 90 days) before outbound flight, save for departures from Manchester where orders must be placed at least 7 days in advance of outbound flight. Pre-ordered duty free can be collected on board. Once duty free has been ordered passengers must forward their voucher along with their pre-order reference number by email to email@example.com for verification.
- Expedia and Virgin Atlantic reserve the right to refuse to honour any Duty Free Voucher where there are grounds to believe that the Duty Free Voucher presented has been tampered with or otherwise fraudulently misused.
DUTY FREE VOUCHER
- a) The Duty Free Voucher can be used for Virgin Atlantic in-flight products sold in the ‘Retail Therapy’ brochure (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/whatsonboard/retailtherapy/index.jsp), subject to availability.
- b) The Duty Free Voucher can be redeemed in relation to the Qualifying Booking only and must be redeemed before 30th April 2009.
- c) Only one Duty Free Voucher will be issued to Lead Passengers making more than one Qualifying Booking. A Lead Passenger’s Duty Free Voucher will contain the £50.00 entitlement for all Qualifying Bookings made by Lead Passenger.
- d) The Duty Free Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other Retail Therapy onboard promotion.
- e) The Duty Free Voucher has no cash value and no cash alternative will be offered. Any amount spent in excess of the value of the voucher must be paid by the customer.
- f) No refunds will be given for any unused or partially used Duty Free Vouchers.
- g) Duty Free Vouchers must be redeemed in a single transaction.
- h)These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.