Book your room at Protea Hotel Clarens
Standard RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe Mountain FacingMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Universal AccessMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
4-star Art Deco hotel in Clarens with an outdoor pool
Collect 400 points
Special Offer! Collect DOUBLE Nectar points on hotel bookings made by 28 February 2015 for stays before 31 August 2015. That’s 400 points instead of the usual 200. Simply enter your Nectar card number when prompted.
Situated in the historical district, this hotel is close to Richard Rennie Art Gallery and Art and Wine Gallery.
In addition to a restaurant, Protea Hotel Clarens features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Plasma televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature air conditioning, safes, and desks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measure 1475 square feet (137 square meters). This Art Deco hotel also offers an outdoor pool, laundry facilities, and express check-in. Limited complimentary onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Protea Hotel Clarens has designated areas for smoking.
- Luggage storage
- Free WiFi
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 70
- Computer station
- Number of floors - 3
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Conference space size (meters) - 137
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Free self parking
- Conference space size (feet) - 1475
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Television in lobby
- Designated smoking areas
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Laundry facilities
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 2007
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Outdoor pool
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Parking (limited spaces)
- Air conditioning
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Satellite TV service
- Partially open bathroom
- Daily housekeeping
- Rainfall showerhead
- Plasma TV
- Room service (limited hours)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Adamo Restaurant - Overlooking the pool, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
Check-in time starts at 2:30 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is 10 AM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Parking height restrictions apply
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: ZAR 100 (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: ZAR 100 (rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: ZAR 500
- Crib (infant bed) fee: ZAR 100 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 100 per night
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.