Ultimate Gobustan National Park and Mud Volcanoes Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Explore Gobustan museum, ancient petroglyphs and mud volcanoes in a 4-hour tour with a local guide. Gobustan National Park is one of Azerbaijan’s most popular sights attracting thousands of tourists annually. It is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list. Throughout your journey, you will be guided by local and friendly English speaking tour guide. You will learn about the history of petroglyphs found in this area, get direct experience with the mud volcanoes (no worries, these volcanoes are cold!) and get useful information to make your stay in Baku much more interesting and exciting.
Day Trip 10:00
Day Trip 12:00
Day Trip 14:00
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transport
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gobustan Rock Art, Gobustan Settlement - Garadagh District 60 km South of Baku, Qobustan 1080 Azerbaijan
We will utilise a private car/private bus (depending on the number of people joining the tour) to reach Gobustan National Reserve. The tour will start off from Gobustan Museum where you will see ancient human bones, work tools used in back to thousand years ago during the Mesolithic period. Gobustan geographical region is situated in the west-south of Baku. The meaning of the word «Gobustan» is derived from two words «gobu» – «ravine» and «stan»- «place», i.e. ravine area. The word «gobu» is also of Turkic origin and means «a dried up river valley».
After visiting Gobustan museum, you will advance to the mountain in order to see real rock paintings in the open air museum.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mud Volcanoes, Dasgil Hill, Qobustan 3700 Azerbaijan
Later on, the tour will proceed to the Mud Volcano which is 20 mins away from Gobustan National Museum. Azerbaijan keeps the first place in the world for the number of mud volcanoes. About 300 mud volcanoes are to be found in Azerbaijan – at the shore, in the sea and on islands. During this trip you will get a great chance to see these amazing active volcanoes from very close distance.
On wet seasons/rainy weather conditions, the Mud Volcanoes can be very muddy and impossible to reach by car. Therefore, in case of rainy weather/bad road conditions the trip to mud volcanoes will be substituted with a visit to Bibiheybat Mosque on the way back to the city centre.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Sahil Park, Uzeyir Hajibeyov St In Front Of Akhundov National Library, Baku Azerbaijan
Your tour will end at Sahil Park, one of the central parks of Baku. We can also drop you off at your accommodation, if you prefer so.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Gear and equipment sanitised between use
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitiser provided