Split Point Lighthouse Tours
- To locals and fans afar she is affectionately known as ‘The White Queen‘. Don’t just wonder as you drive by – come on in! You can self guide for as short or as long a time as you like. We'd recommend 20-30 minutes.We are open every Day – from 10 am to mid afternoon, depending on the season. Participants must be at least 5 years old.We will introduce you to stunning 360 degree coastal vistas, the lives of the lighthouse keepers, a wonderfully constructed tower, as well as the famous setting for the TV series ‘Round the Twist’ and ‘MASTERCHEF’ .Bass Strait and the Southern Ocean offer an awe-inspiring sense of the wild, of our Shipwreck history, and of contemporary conservation in the Marine Sanctuary below.Whether you want to step back in maritime, forward in coastal conservation or capture the now with a perfect snapshot, this is a stop worth every minute.
Self guided tour of lighthouse
Duration: 20 hours
self -guided Tour: Discover the spectacular views from the balcony the amazing stories of the lighthouse.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be over the age of 5 years (for safety requirements)
- An adult must accompany all children under age 10
- Appropriate footwear must be worn. Thongs, sandals without heel straps and high heels are not safe to wear in the lighthouse
- A moderate level of fitness is required as the lighthouse climb is quite strenuous
- Not recommended for participants who suffer vertigo or claustrophobia
- People with pacemakers and similar medical technology should not take a tour as they can be affected by telecommunication equipment housed in the lighthouse
- Free parking is available in the car park at the end of Federal street. The lighthouse is then a 3 minute walk. Please make sure you do not park in a non standing zone as parking inspectors do frequent the area.
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- this is a covid safe experience
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- Returns to original departure point
- Departure time: 3/18/2020 - 3/31/2023Monday - Sunday:10:00 AM - 02:00 PM
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Split Point Lighthouse, Federal St, Aireys Inlet, Victoria 3231 Australia
Take a self-guided Tour and discover awesome coastal views and a quirky history of the lighthouse keepers. Find out about the Shipwreck Coast and the importance of lighthouses to keeping ships safe. We have an awesome collection of historical local photographs that complements the tour and depicts what life was like in the area when the lighthouse was permanently manned. The tour then enters the lantern room and then out onto the balcony for the spectacular 360 degree views of the Great Ocean Road, Eagle Rock Marine Sanctuary and the Otways.
Duration: 20 minutes