Shirakawago and Takayama Day Tour [From Nagoya]
- Visit Takayama & Shirakawa-go, enjoy their ancient cultures
- Enjoy the atmosphere of “Little Kyoto” & Edo era in Takayama
- Restore your energy with Takayama Luxurious Buffet Lunch
- Get a chance to look inside the stunning traditional houses
- Adore many great appearances of Shirakawa-go in every season
Shirakawago and Takayama Day Tour
Live Commentary in English. This day trip is accompanied by Japanese tour guides. Foreign tourists will provide with English or Chinese sightseeing information, and there will be English speaking staff, but will not do a detailed description
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- By age: [Adults: 12 years or older], [Child: 3 - 11 years old], [0-2 years old children can not attend]
- Some shops are closed in winter. Changes to food specified by the cause, such as religion, are not available.
- The organiser will not be responsible for any changes in course content due to weather conditions or other unavoidable reasons.
- Cancellations and refunds are not permitted.
- If force majeure such as an earthquake will affect the safety of travel, it may be cancelled. In this case, you will be notified by email on the day before the departure day or the morning of the departure day, and will be announced on Facebook, Twitter & Weibo
- According to road traffic and weather conditions, the itinerary may be changed or shortened.
- The time to visit various scenic spots may change accordingly depending on the road conditions on the way.
- The sub-trip booking price and local price may be different due to exchange rate, handling fee issues, etc.
- Live Commentary in English. This day trip is accompanied by Japanese tour guides. Foreign tourists will provide with English or Chinese sightseeing information, and there will be English speaking staff, but will not do a detailed description.
What you can expect
Shirakawa-go and Takayama are ones of the top popular sightseeing destinations in Central Japan. To start with, Takayama Known for it's traditional culture and history, It's also better-known as the 'Little Kyoto'. This little beautiful city jam it’s traditional culture that has existed since the Edo era, hence you can feel the atmosphere as if you were travel back to the past. Here, you will be able to do many fun things, such as dining, shopping and sightseeing. In case you feel a little hungry, we will kindly serve you Takayama Luxurious Buffet Lunch. After restoring your energy, Our next stop is Shirakawa-go. Similar to Takayama, it also jam traditional Japanese houses and daily lifestyle that listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. it has many beautiful appearances depending on the seasons. Stunning pinkish cherry blossoms in spring, fresh green rice field in summer, various shades of red or yellow autumn leaves when autumn comes and of course, magnificent view of snow covering it's houses in winter. To be more specific, it's traditional wooden houses have unique structures that can only be seen in the snowy areas, hence if you visit Shirakawa-go in winter, you will be able to see more special sceneries. Create your unforgettable moment with this great tour!!!
- 08:10** 4th floor, Meitetsu Nagoya Station / Meitetsu Bus Center
- 08:20**Departure from Meitetsu Nagoya Station / Meitetsu Bus Center
- 11:30**Takayama Ancient Street Tour (about 90 minutes)
- 13:00** Enjoy more than 40 buffet lunches in Takayama City (about 60 minutes)
- 14:00**Depart from the mountains to visit the village of Baichuan Township
- 15:00**Visit the World Cultural Heritage - Shirakawago Village, and go to the Observatory from April to June (about 80 minutes)
- 16:20**Departure and return to Nagoya Station
- 19:55** Arriving at Nagoya Station
* Transport, roads, weather, etc. may vary depending on local circumstances.