Kangaroo Island Full-Day Tour from Adelaide with Return Ferry
Cleaning and safety practices
- Kangaroo Island's natural highlights in 1 day
- Colony of rare wild Australian sea lions along the beach
- Encounters with wildlife at Flinders Chase National Park
- Ethereal photo opportunities at the Remarkable Rocks
- Astonishing coastal cliffs at Admirals Arch
Kangaroo Island from Adelaide with return ferry
Live Commentary in English. Please choose this option if you are staying in Adelaide. This option includes a return ferry to and from Kangaroo Island.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- In accordance with EU regulations about consumer rights, activities services are not subject to the right of withdrawal. Supplier cancellation policy will apply.
What you can expect
Explore the natural highlights and wildlife of stunning Kangaroo Island. The beauty starts on the drive, continues on a ferry ride, and extends to the Remarkable Rocks and Flinders Chase National Park, to the playful fur seal colony, and even a break for a delicious 2-course lunch.
Begin your tour in the early morning with a pickup from your hotel in a comfortable coach and take a scenic drive along the coast of Gulf St. Vincent to Cape Jervis, travelling through beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, known for its vineyards, coastal views, and rolling hills.
Arrive at the wharf and board your cruise to Kangaroo Island. After a 45-minute ferry ride, travel via coach to the Seal Bay Conservation Park. Join a knowledgeable National Parks ranger for a stroll along the beach, keeping an eye out for wild Australian sea lions. Then enjoy a delicious two course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro, set in a beautiful Australian bushland.
Spend some of the afternoon in the Flinders Chase National Park, which was devastated in the worst fire to ever hit the island in January 2020. You’ll see that the regeneration of the native bush occurs so quickly after the event and there will be many opportunities to take photos. As you travel through the park, keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles, and koalas. See the rugged coastline from walks around Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Remarkable Rocks provide great photographic opportunities, and the Admirals Arch boardwalk takes you down a rugged cliff face to reveal the spectacular rock archway, a natural nursery and safe haven for playful Long-nosed Fur Seals.
Your last visit of the day is to the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park to feed some kangaroos and get up close to the Kangaroo Island Koalas while listening to the Keeper talk about the cuddly mammals. There is a photo opportunity to hold a koala (additional cost). There is also a possibility that you will see more kangaroos and wallabies on your return to Penneshaw for your return ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Penneshaw Ferry Terminal
- 89 North Terrace
- Penneshaw South Australia 5222
- Adelaide Central Bus Station
- 85 Franklin Street
- Adelaide South Australia 5000