Hot Air Balloon Experience in Hakuba
- See the Northern Japanese Alps and Valley from the sky
- Take in the majesty of the Shirouma Sanzan mountains
- Feel the power of a 12-person hot air balloon burner
- Breathe in the pure morning air of the heavens
- Feel close enough to touch the sky
Hot Air Balloon Experience
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Ages 0–3 ride for free.
- A minimum of eight participants is required for the activity to proceed. In the event less than 8 people book, we will cancel the activity and notify you by noon the day before your booking.
- If unfavorable weather is forecast, we may contact you two days in advance to cancel the experience. In case of sudden changes in weather, we may have to cancel same-day. In this case, there is no cancellation fee.
- Pregnant women and people susceptible to panic attacks participate at their own risk.
- Hotel pick-up is not provided.
What you can expect
Rise into the morning sky above the Japan Alps, on a tethered hot air balloon experience at Hakuba Ski Jumping Stadium. Feel the rush of the wind, the roar of the burner, and the thrill of seeing Hakuba Valley from on high.
See the Northern Japan Alps like never before—from a hot air balloon 30 meters above the Happo-one resort area.
Bring a special someone, take off with your friends and family, or join in with another group as you rise above the constrains of the earth.
For your five minutes of air time you’ll feel close enough to touch the sky, on a par with the highest peaks—but no mountain climbing is required!
Just show up in comfortable clothes, including a warm jacket for the early-morning alpine air, and let us lift you up towards the heavens.
Since you’ll be floating in the skies of the Northern Japan Alps, you might be wondering just where you’ll come down. Which is exactly why our team will keep the balloon tethered for the duration, and bring you straight back down to where you started—no mountain trekking required to get back home.