What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
- Returns to original departure point
- Departure time: 8:30 AM
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ben Nevis, Fort William Scotland
Not only is Ben Nevis the highest point in the UK but it is home to some of the rarest plants in the UK and has always played a central role in the development of mountaineering across the world. Don't just climb Ben Nevis, discover more as you learn all about it's history, geology, flora and fauna!
If you are reasonably fit and conditions are good you should be able to walk up Ben Nevis in a walk of six to eight hours - but you should never take it lightly. Good planning and preparation are vital - conditions can change dramatically even in the best weather.
The Mountain Path starts in Glen Nevis and is around 16km (10 miles) there and back. It climbs 1,300m and is a full mountain walking experience which requires sturdy boots and good equipment. There can be snow patches on the route until July or August and the summit is regularly 9C colder than at sea level. So if it is a warm 18C in Fort William it might be a cold 9C on top with wind chill making it feel much colder.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Abacus Mountain Guides, 11 Lochiel Rd, Inverlochy, Fort William PH33 6NS, UK
Abacus Mountain Guides began life in 2000 in Fort William. With over twenty five years of experience, IFMGA Mountain Guide Mike Pescod and Abacus Mountain Guides provide world class mountain adventures on the west coast of Scotland.
World class adventures require world class instructors, so we only use the very best. All our hill walking, mountaineering, climbing and mountain biking instructors are fully qualified with UK or international qualifications, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and very keen to share their enthusiasm with others!
Duration: 8 hours