Discovering Scuba Diving in Santa Ponsa
- Easy introduction to scuba diving in shallow waters
- Scuba-diving experience suitable for all skill levels
- Chance to discover the underwater marvels of Santa Ponsa
- Getting familiar with diving gear & underwater signalling
- Basic techniques & tips from professional instructors
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children aged 7 and younger are not allowed.
- If you have epilepsy or heart disease, you should not participate.
- If you are pregnant, you should not take part.
- You must have good circulation and healthy, unblocked breathing.
- You must be able to swim on your own.
- You do not need previous diving experience.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
Enjoy an easy-to-follow scuba diving lesson and venture into the crystal-clear waters of Santa Ponsa. Learn the basics from a certified instructor before you take your first dive, and then discover the wonders of the Mediterranean Sea from within.
Start your experience with a classroom introduction to scuba diving, where your certified instructor explains the techniques to follow, presents you with the diving gear and helps you into the water. Get familiar with your diving equipment, try out the buoyancy control device, practise the basics of underwater signalling and immerse yourself at the diving centre's facilities to test out your gear in the water.
When you're ready, a short boat ride takes you to the Malgrat Marine Reserve, where you put your skills to the test and dive into the turquoise waters. Get comfortable in the shallows, with a maximum depth of only 26 feet (8 m), and keep your eyes open for colourful fish, coral and jellyfish.