Food Tour of Brera
- Mouthwatering food tour of the old-world Brera district
- Classic Italian eats like pizza, pasta, prosciutto & bread
- Sweet treats such as flaky croissants & authentic gelato
- Time to savour cups of rich espresso & sparkling Lambrusco
- Expert insight into Milan's food history & current culture
Milan Gourmet Food Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- You must be 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Maximum group size is 20 people.
- Check-in is 10 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
Discover the delectable flavours of Milan on this guided food tour of Brera, a district where old-world charm meets a trendy, city centre vibe. Explore the area where much of Italy's cuisine has evolved over the years, tasting specialities like Margherita pizza, prosciutto, and sparkling Lambrusco wine.
With your in-the-know guide leading the way, pop into locally loved eateries that specialise in traditional recipes using centuries-old techniques. Relish learning the royal legend behind the origins of Margherita pizza before digging into a freshly made slice. Continue on to other temples of gastronomical delights, sampling everything from earthy cheese to salty prosciutto and bright pesto bruschetta. Carb lovers can indulge in the richest pastas and flakiest bread, while others can satisfy their sweet tooth with creamy gelato and chocolatey croissants. Wind down with a steaming cup of the city's best espresso and a fizzy glass of Lambrusco red wine.
Between locations, your guide entertains you with insights into the colourful food culture of the city. Learn about the cafes and bars that are registered amongst the Historical Places of Italy and the modern, Michelin-starred restaurants that are innovating new styles of cuisine. By the end of the tour, you're able to appreciate Milan's gourmet delicacies like a local.