A sparkling tasting experience in a UNESCO Heritage site in Valdobbiadene
- There is a common trait between a blacksmith that forges a nail and a winemaker that transforms grapes into wine. It is the stubborness, the will of confronting oneself with nature which can prove turn out to be hostile. Blow after blow the iron object takes shape, it forms itself under the eyes of the blacksmith, the ciodet (nail). Day after day the vine grows and brings its fruit, guided by the hands of the farmer who pollards, prunes, thins out and gathers, challenging the Spring frost and the Summer storms.And then again at the winery the winemaker’s job is to bring the must towards that delicate balance between simplicity and complexity that wine is made of.Artisan and winemaker. This is the spirit of Enrico Bortolomiol the enologist of Ciodet Spumanti.Enrico has made of perseverance, competence and precision his professional conduct.
3 glasses of wine
Golden wine tasting
5 glasses of wine
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
- Returns to original departure point
- Departure time: Golden wine tasting 11/7/2019 - 1/28/2023Monday - Friday:09:00 AM - 12:00 PM02:00 PM - 05:00 PM Silver tasting 11/7/2019 - 1/28/2023Monday - Friday:09:00 AM - 12:00 PM02:00 PM - 05:00 PM
What you can expect
The production of Valdobbiane Prosecco Superiore DOCG occurs with the con Conegliano-Valdobbiadene sparkling process, a reworked version of the Charmat-Martinotti method.
At Ciodet there is the utmost care for safeguarding the integrity of grapes and allowing therefore the enhancement of the aromatic characteristics typical of the Glera variety.
There are some distinctive traits that determine the quality of the final result: the soft pressing soffice of the grapes so that only the free-run must that comes from the heart of the grape is extracted with a maximum yield of 70%; the decantation, with which the murky must is left to settle cold temperatures in stainless steel tanks for about 12-15 hours.
With this experience you'll discover the secrets of the production of Prosecco and will be able to taste it deciding between 2 different options:
Silver tasting: tasting of 3 different glasses of Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG
Golden tasting: tasting of 5 different glasses of Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG