well placed for centre of Venice
The reason for the ratings above.
1. We were placed in an annexe about 50 yards away from the main hotel
2. We did not have the facilities at the annexe that were available in the MAIN HOTEL, which according to the website were 4 star and rather grand..
3. The rooms were very basic, maybe 2 star, although clean
4. A most strange ensuite made of opaque glass panels stuck in one corner of the room.
5. We were told we may use the facilities at the main hotel but when we requested coffee on arrival it was rather a long time coming and we were not made very welcome.
6. there were no facilities available in the annexe for coffee, a lounge area or a bar.