Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Varkala, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, beaches, and gardens. Welcoming and relaxing, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its boating, bars, and doing yoga.
- There are 33 Varkala hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, while July tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Thiruvananthapuram (TRV-Trivandrum Intl.), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Varkala
- The beach, gardens, and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Varkala Beach, Kappil Beach, and Kollam Beach
- Also well-known for its boating and lakefront
Getting around Varkala
There are many transportation options in Varkala. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Thiruvananthapuram Varkala Station.
Staying in Varkala
With 33 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from, Varkala offers holiday retreats at affordable prices:
- 18 hotels, ranging from GBP 11/night to GBP 74/night
- 7 resorts, ranging from GBP 17/night to GBP 68/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Thiruvambadi Beach Retreat, averaging GBP 21.45/night
- Vedanta Wake up - Varkala, Helipad North Cliff, averaging GBP 23.49/night
A 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Thiruvambadi Beach Retreat with a 5 out of 5 user rating while Vedanta Wake up - Varkala, Helipad North Cliff has a 4.7 rating by guests.
Dressing for Varkala
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, while the average at night is 24°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 31°C with nighttime averages of 23°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 32°C and nighttime averages of 23°C
- Varkala gets about 64 millimetres of rain per year