History buffs enjoy visiting Oamaru though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, art and wineries.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Oamaru
- The closest major airport is in Oamaru (OAM), 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Oamaru
Cultural venues in the city include Janet Frame House, Grainstore Gallery and North Otago Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as St Lukes Anglican Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Oamaru Gardens, Oamaru Blue Penguin Colony and Oamaru Harbour.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Oamaru. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Oamaru Motor Lodge - This 4-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and a free airport shuttle. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- ASURE Ambassador Motor Lodge - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 4-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities.
- The Manor Estate - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Oamaru
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the night-time average to be 9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Oamaru gets about 36 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 2°C