Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, bars, and theatres in Neuchatel. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and walkable, lakefront city can discover its museums, natural parks, and coffeehouses.
- There are 7 Neuchatel hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 27.3 mi (44 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Neuchatel
- Theatres and museums are well-known in the area, and attractions include Theatre du Passage, Latenium, and International Museum of Horology
- Its historic sites and Chinatown are notable and landmarks to visit include Cudrefin Clock Tower, Schlossberg Castle, and Maison des Dragons
- The lakeside and parks exemplify the area's natural beauty, and some places to consider are Neuchatel Botanical Garden and Le Saut du Doubs Waterfall
Getting around Neuchatel
Neuchatel has many options for getting around. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Neuchatel Station or Neuchetal Station.
Staying in Neuchatel
With 7 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Neuchatel offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 6 hotels ranging from GBP 117 to GBP 207 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Best Western Premier Hotel Beaulac, averaging GBP 258.9/night
- Hotel Touring au Lac, averaging GBP 146.71/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Best Western Premier Hotel Beaulac with a 4 out of 5 user rating while Hotel Touring au Lac has a 4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Neuchatel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, while the average at night is 0°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 21°C with nighttime averages of 6°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and nighttime averages of -4°C
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Neuchatel each year