Nice resort - needs improvement
Overall Magdalena is a beautiful resort. While staying at the resort I found a few things to be disappointing which i will touch on below.
1) If you don't care to explore the Island, you don't have to leave the resort. The pools are great, the bars are always open, there is food, shops, a spa, and a cafe on the premises.
2) The resort staff can organize a taxi or shuttle for guests to attend different attractions on the island.
3) Rooms come with a small balcony where you can enjoy the Atlantic Ocean view
4) The woman working in the gift shop is extremely friendly and helpful.**
5) The breakfast buffet is amazing (when booking this resort book a room that comes with complimentary breakfast..YOU WON'T REGRET IT)
1) Check-in is at 3:00pm but, I was not checked in until a little after 4:00pm (I arrived a little early and asked whether the room would be ready on time, the receptionist explained that the cleaning staff was preparing the room which is understandable. We received a complementary drink and was asked to wait in the lobby. After 3pm I asked the receptionist about the room and the response was rude as if i shouldn't even ask.)
2) Getting extra towels was difficult because they would either not bring them or take very long to bring them.
3) Throughout my stay, very few staff members were helpful which was disappointing - I expected a more friendly staff from such a big resort ESPECIALLY at the front desk. (The bell staff was more friendly)
Comment from Hotel Management
15-Mar-2017 by Judy Rampersad, Hotel Management
Good Day Lori,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your last stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the location, the food and other areas. We also appreciate your feedback regarding your check in experience, replenishing of towels in a timely manner and your overall experience in your interactions with staff members. Let me take this opportunity and apologize on behalf of the hotel for having failed to meet your expectations in these areas. I have passed on your review to the various departments with the expectation that it would be used in further training exercises.
We once again thank you for staying with us, and do hope the good memories of your trip linger on for some time to come.