Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Liberia, which is also known for its beaches and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos and volcano viewpoints. Top sights in the city include Africa Mia and Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Liberia
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tamarindo (TNO), 31.1 mi (50 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Liberia
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park and Liberia Parque Central. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Africa Mia and Church of La Ermita La Agonia.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Liberia. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and beach locale.
- Las Espuelas Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Rincon de la Vieja Lodge - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
Popular places to visit around the area include Playa Hermosa, located 15.5 mi (25 km) from the city centre, and Coco Beach, which is 16.8 mi (27.1 km) away.
Dressing for Liberia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 18°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 16°C
- About 1860.00 millimetres of rain falls on Liberia each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°C