Visiting Kuala Terengganu
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Kuala Terengganu, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the China town and marina. The cultural and cosy setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodation options in Kuala Terengganu
- The closest major airport is in Kuala Terengganu (TGG-Sultan Mahmood), 3.3 mi (5.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuala Terengganu
Cultural venues in the city include Kampung Cina, Terengganu State Museum and Istana Maziah. The city is notable for its China town and landmarks like Crystal Mosque, Floating Mosque, and Batu Rakit Mosque. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Pagar Besi Beach.
Dressing for Kuala Terengganu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 23°C
- Kuala Terengganu gets about 71 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C