History buffs enjoy visiting Kosice though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, museums and monuments.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Kosice
- The closest major airport is in Kosice (KSC-Barca), 3.6 mi (5.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Poprad (TAT-Poprad - Tatry), 51.6 mi (83.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kosice
The city's cultural venues include East Slovak Museum and Miklus Prison Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like St. Elisabeth Cathedral, Hlavna Ulica, and Crafts Lane. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Steel Arena and Cathedral of St. Elizabeth (Dom svatej Alzbety).
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Kosice. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- GOLDEN ROYAL Boutique hotel & Spa - This 4-star hotel in Košice Old Town features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kosice - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Košice Old Town can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Yasmin - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Košice Old Town can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and room size.
Getting around Kosice
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Kosice Station. Kosice might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kosice
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Kosice is 662.80 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -1°C