Visitors can enjoy all that Herning has to offer including the art, museums and football games. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, live music and gardens. A top sight in the city is Jyske Bank Boxen.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Herning
- The closest major airport is in Karup (KRP), 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Billund (BLL), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Herning
Cultural venues in the city include Herning Museum of Contemporary Art, Herning Museum and Textilforum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jyske Bank Boxen and MCH Herning Kongrescenter (Conference Centre).
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Herning. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sov i Herning - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Scandic Regina - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Helts B&B - This 2-star bed & breakfast features free parking, a coffee shop and a library. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transport and room size.
Getting around Herning
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Herning Station, Messecenter Herning Station or Herning Birk Centerpark Station. Herning may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Herning
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 0°C at night
- About 33 millimetres of rain falls on Herning each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -1°C