Visitors can enjoy all that Haridwar has to offer including the temples and safari tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cultural and secluded setting. Top sights in the city include Har Ki Pauri, Piran Kaliyar Sharif Dargah and Parmarth Niketan.
- You'll find 166 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Haridwar District
- The closest major airport is in Dehradun (DED-Jolly Grant), 20.8 mi (33.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Haridwar
The city is notable for landmarks like Har Ki Pauri, Piran Kaliyar Sharif Dargah and Parmarth Niketan. The picturesque setting of Solani Park and Patna Waterfall exemplify the city's natural beauty. Other notable sights to explore include Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula.
In Roorkee, you can choose from 327 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- GANGA KINARE by Holywater Hotels - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Haveli Hari Ganga - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and spa services, along with free WiFi.
- Dewa Retreat- A Himalayan Boutique Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Rajaji National Park, 11.7 mi/18.8 km from the city centre.
Getting around Haridwar
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Haridwar Junction Railway Station. Haridwar may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Haridwar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 41°C during the day and 17°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 34°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- Haridwar gets about 780 millimetres of rain per year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 39°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C