Check-in took forever, as everything was hand-written.
My room was cold; my brother's room was very, very cold. I was told by the guy at the front desk that the heat had been turned off for the season and the air conditioning had been turned on and nothing could be done about that. The soap dispensers in the bathroom were empty. The snotty girl at the front desk begrudgingly gave me 2 tiny bars of soap and told me I could go to housekeeping myself to ask to fill the dispensers. While I was getting the run-around from her, another group was complaining that their room was too hot, the air conditioning was not working, and they had no toilet paper. Even though the rooms were no-smoking rooms, they smelled badly of cigarette smoke. The walls of the room either had no insulation or were paper-thin; outside conversations sounded as though they were right at our door.
The security guard who gave me blankets and the housekeeping girl who filled the soap dispensers were helpful, but the front desk staff did not care in the least about any of the problems the guests had. This place was a bare-bones, no-frills operation.
I will never again stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites.