Visitors to Gaziantep are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments and churches.
- There are 68 hotels and other accommodation options in Gaziantep
- The closest major airport is in Gaziantep (GZT-Oguzeli Intl.), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kahramanmaras (KCM), 39.9 mi (64.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gaziantep
Cultural venues in the city include Gaziantep Zeugma Mosaic Museum, Gaziantep War Museum and Gaziantep Archaeology Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hisva Han, Gaziantep Castle, and Naib Turkish Bath. The picturesque setting of Masal Park and Gaziantep Botanical Garden exemplify the city's natural beauty.
Getting around Gaziantep
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Gaziantep Station. Gaziantep may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gaziantep
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 34°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 36°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- Average annual rainfall for Gaziantep is 419.40 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 35°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 0°C