Visiting Castiglion Fiorentino
History buffs will enjoy a visit to Castiglion Fiorentino, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the castle, museums and monuments. Cultural and welcoming, this city will also delight visitors with its horse racing, horseback riding and wineries.
- There are 14 Castiglion Fiorentino hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 33.3 mi (53.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Castiglion Fiorentino
- Top activities include horseback riding and wine tasting, whereas Agricola Buccelletti Winery, San Luciano Winery, and Fattoria Le Capezzine are great sights to visit
- Known for its festivals, museums and art, including cultural attractions, such as Municipal Art Gallery, Archaeological Museum, and Cassero Tower
- Notable for its castle, historic sites, monuments and landmarks such as Vasari Loggia, Basilica of San Francesco, and Cathedral of Arezzo
Getting around Castiglion Fiorentino
Castiglion Fiorentino has many options for getting around. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Castiglion Fiorentino Station.
Staying in Castiglion Fiorentino
Searching for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You might like these top-rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Bed & Breakfast Viziottavo
- Residence Le Santucce
Bed & Breakfast Viziottavo, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Residence Le Santucce has a 4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Castiglion Fiorentino
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Castiglion Fiorentino gets about 827 millimetres of rain per year