History buffs enjoy visiting Amersfoort though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, local tours and rivers. Top sights around the area include Pyramid of Austerlitz, TivoliVredenburg and Beatrix Theater.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Amersfoort
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Amersfoort
Cultural venues in the city include The Mondriaan House, Mannenzaal St Peters and Block Lands Hospital and Museums Flehite. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hof, The Tower of Our Lady, and St. George's Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oude Haven and Lieve Vrouwekerkhof.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Amersfoort. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel de Tabaksplant - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and conference space, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Mercure City Amersfoort Centre Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre.
- NH Amersfoort - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Pyramid of Austerlitz, located 5 mi (8 km) from the heart of the city, and TivoliVredenburg, which is 12.6 mi (20.2 km) away.
Getting around Amersfoort
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Amersfoort Station, Amersfoort Schothorst Station or Amersfoort Vathorst Station. Amersfoort might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Amersfoort
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Amersfoort gets about 765.20 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C