Cleaning and safety practices
Self-Guided tour that is a guide, map, and GPS in one!
Tour at your own pace: total flexibility & independence
In-depth and engaging stories with a great narrator
Stories automatically play as you approach
Comprehensive tour that covers everything!
What's included, what's not
Unique password for tour
Food and Drinks
Admission to paid attractions
Know before you book
Totally flexible! No crowded groups or scheduled tour timings.
Auto-play: Each point of interest along the tour has a narrated storey, directions, and helpful images. As you approach an attraction, it’s storey will automatically pop up and start playing.
Great stories! Engaging, rich, and entertaining stories about each stop. Our award-winning narrator is fun, easy to understand, and gets compliments all the time!
Save! Don’t pay for each person or give “voluntary” tips.
Award-winning app: this app-based tour is created using a platform that won the famous “Laurel Award” from the Newport Mansions.
Unique password: Once you book, we’ll email you the app link and a unique password. Simply download the app, enter the password, and get started!
What you can expect
Explore Lake Tahoe’s dazzlingly blue waters and stunning mountainous backdrop with this self-guided audio tour! Drive around the entirety of the lake as you learn about its origins, admire its breathtaking vistas, and dive into its Gilded Age history. Explore hikes, historic homes, and waterfall views along the way. This self-guided driving tour allows you to experience all of Lake Tahoe with maximum flexibility and value.
Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together!
Once you book a tour, you’ll immediately get a confirmation email. Soon, you’ll get two more messages: a text and an email. These contain instructions on downloading our Action Tour Guide app and using a unique password to access your tour. Follow the instructions. To begin touring, go to the Starting Point and launch the tour. Stick to the tour route & speed limit for the best experience.
No expiration — the tour is available from the minute you book until forever!
This is not an entrance ticket to attractions along the route. Check pandemic rules & opening hours before your visit.
Key Stops of Lake Tahoe:-
- Welcome! Tahoe South Visitor Centre
- America's Most Beautiful Lake
- Pope House at Tallac Historic Site
- Baldwin Estate at Tallac Historic Site
- Valhalla at Tallac Historic Site
- Pope Beach
- Alt: Tahoe Yellow Cress at Pope Beach
- Alt: Tallac Historic Site
- Alt: Fallen Leaf Lake
- Mount Tallac
- Rubicon Trailhead
- Coming up: Vikingsholm
- Pause Here: Eagle Falls Trailhead
- Alt: Eagle Falls Trailhead
- Vikingsholm Parking
- Alt: Knight's First Tahoe Home
- Alt: Emerald Bay State Park
- Alt: The Lindbergh Connection
- Alt: Fannette Island
- Alt: Welcome to Vikingsholm
- Emerald Bay's Hidden Secret
- Ghosts of Fannette
- History to Remember
- Fremont's Adventures
- Meeks Bay
- Ed Z'berg Sugar Pine Point State Park
- Turn Left on N Fire Road
- Alt: Sugar Pine Point Details
- Alt: Hellman-Ehrman Mansion
- Presidential Visit to Lake Tahoe
- Famous Residents
- Detour: Olympic Valley
- Alt: Alpine Meadows
- Alt: Olympic Valley
- Welcome! Tahoe City Visitor Information Centre
- Alpine Weather
- Carnelian Bay
- Kings Beach State Recreation Area
- Sand Harbour
- Secret Cove
- The Ong
- Tahoe Tessie
- Hauntings of Tahoe
- Logan Shoals Vista Point
- Lady of the Lake or Cave Rock
Cleaning and safety practices
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required