Explore Pamplemousses garden & L’Aventure du Sucre museum
Visit markets and streets in Port Louis, Mauritius' capital
Discover the tea making process at Bois Chéri tea plantation
Enjoy panoramic views from Trou aux Cerfs dormant volcano
Visit hindu temples around the crater lake of Grand Bassin
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Services of a fully licensed, qualified driver
Air-conditioned and insured taxi, minibus or coach
Private transfer for your group to and from your hotel
Lunch or snacks
Cleaning and safety practicesSee all
- Masks required
- Contactless tickets
- Vehicles and venues disinfected
What you can expect
This “Mauritius Essentials” tour consists of 3, 8-hour private tours that allow you to explore the main attractions at your own pace. Note that you have the flexibility to choose which tour you do on each day. The driver will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to the various sights and attractions below. You will get to explore at your own pace while the driver waits for you.
Day 1: Private North Day Tour: Botanical Garden, Sugar Museum, Rum Tasting & Port Louis
- Explore the famous historical Pamplemousses Botanical Garden.
- Learn about the history of the island and the sugar industry and sample different varieties of sugar and delicious local rums at L’Aventure du Sucre museum.
- Discover the Château de Labourdonnais, a beautifully restored colonial mansion built in 1859, and visit their enchanting tropical garden.
- Visit markets and streets in Port Louis, Mauritius' capital.
- Relax and shop at the Caudan Waterfront in Port Louis.
Day 2: Private South Day Tour: Tea Factory, Nature Park and Wild South Coast
- Discover the tea making process at Bois Chéri, the first tea plantation in Mauritius, founded in 1892.
- Stroll through La Vanille Réserve des Mascareignes and its 3.5 hectares of lush greenery. Discover its beautiful palm and banana trees, giant bamboos, its impressive animals.
- Admire the rugged scenery of big, powerful waves crashing on the cliffs at Gris Gris. A few metres away, you will see La Roche qui pleure, a natural rock formation that resembles a person crying when the waves hit it.
Day 3: Private Southwest Day Tour: 7-Coloured Earth, Chamarel Waterfall and Trou aux Cerfs
- Take a stroll around the crater of a dormant volcano and enjoy a breath-taking panoramic view of the island at the dormant Trou aux Cerfs volcano.
- Drive by the Mare-aux-Vacoas, Mauritius’ largest reservoir.
- Visit hindu temples around the crater lake of Grand Bassin. Discover Mauritius' Hindu culture by visiting the temples around the lake and enjoy the peace and quiet of the surroundings. You will also be amazed by the tall statue of Shiva and the view from the highest temple.
- Enjoy the incredible views of the Black River Gorges, the largest national park in Mauritius.
- Visit the popular Chamarel, the coloured earth site, where in addition to the geological wonders of the seven coloured dunes, you can view the Chamarel Falls, the most famous waterfall in Mauritius.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided
This information is provided by our partners