Fire-knife dancers and passionate storytellers await at the Luau Kalamaku. Immerse yourself in the legends of ancient Hawaii and Polynesia, sip a refreshing Mai Tai and enjoy a delectable buffet of delicious island cuisine at the historic Kilohana Plantation.
As you step onto the plantation's lush grounds, try your hand at traditional Hawaiian crafts and family-friendly games. When the conch shell sounds, gather around to watch the unearthing of the savoury kalua pig in a time-honoured imu ceremony. Hula dancers sway in traditional garb to the sounds of Tahitian drumbeats, setting the stage for the Polynesian revue to come.
While award-winning musicians take you on a journey of song and dance through the South Pacific, savour a buffet of specialities like lomi lomi salmon and a scrumptious pineapple upside-down cake. As the sun sinks down and dinner concludes, watch flaming poi ball twirlers bring Kauai's mythology to fiery life.
Sample menu includes:
– Kauai fresh green salad with papaya seed dressing or balsamic vinaigrette
– Potato macaroni salad
– Vegetarian tofu salad with Maui onion
– Fresh pineapple and papaya platter
– Lomi lomi salmon
– Taro rolls with honey butter
– Vegetable chow mein with bok choy
– Steamed aromatic jasmine rice
– Yellow curry ratatouille
– Teriyaki chicken
– Pan-seared ono with tartar sauce
– Kalua pork
– Rice pudding with dark rum sauce
– Coconut haupia
– Banana cream pie
– Pineapple upside-down cake