Amazing Phuket Island Guided Tour with Big Buddha (SHA Plus)
Cleaning and safety practices
- Visits to several 'must-see' Phuket attractions
- Several magnificent Viewpoints in Phuket (if Option chosen)
- Stopping at the magnificent Big Buddha (if Option chosen)
- Witness the history and old architecture in Phuket Old Town
- Tour Wat Chalong — the most venerated temple in Phuket
Private Tour: Amazing Phuket Island Guided Tour with Big Buddha Options
Live commentary in English. Private Tour for 1 - 8 passengers with private guide and private vehicle.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Infant 4 years and younger are complimentary, provided they don't occupy a seat
- Children 11 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- If you are being picked up in Rawai, you will be picked up after the tour stops at Patong Beach.
- At the end of the morning tour we will visit Gems Gallery International, the world’s biggest jewellery and gem centre. Transport back to your hotel will be available whenever you wish to leave. Just inform your guide or Gems Gallery staff.
- The afternoon tour will not stop at Karon Viewpoint or at Gems Gallery BUT focuses more on the Walking Tour of Phuket Old Town and concludes with the view from Promthep Cape
- *Views of the sunset is depending on weather conditions
- Should your travel plans change, do not worry. I Asia Thailand will do all possible to change your booking to fit with your new travel arrangements free of charge.
- There is a minimum number of people required for the afternoon tour to operate. Only very rarely is there occasion for a booking to have shift to the morning tour OR to another afternoon due to lack of numbers.
- I Asia Thailand has an exclusive partnership with 'Safety in Asia’. Being specialists in Health & Safety management in the hospitality industry, they will guide us on the best hygiene practices available. 'Safety in Asia' is FTO (Federation of Tour Operators) approved.
What you can expect
This is the ideal way to be introduced to some of the cultural landmarks, iconic beaches, sites and sounds of Thailand's largest island in just half a day. The tour is intended so that newcomers to Phuket will get their bearings, seeing the most popular sun-drenched beaches, the largest temple on the island, the extraordinary Phuket Old Town, the Big Buddha (if chosen) and more.
Choose from a MORNING ROUTE that will take you to see Patong Beach, the island's most popular beach, up to Karon Viewpoint and a incredible panoramic spectacle of 3 beaches—Kata, Kata Noi, and Karon. Then at Promthep Cape snap photos of the breathtaking scenery at the island's southernmost tip. Nearby is another stop, Wat Chalong, one of the most venerated temples in Phuket. Admire the beautiful designs of Siamese architecture, and observe the practices of local Buddhist culture.
A further stop (if chosen) will be made so you can admire the magnificent statue of the island's Big Buddha. This is one of the most important and revered landmarks on the island and is highly recommended! The large Buddha statue sits on top of the Hill between Chalong and Kata and, at 45 metres tall, can be seen for miles. The views are simply amazing!
Lastly, head back to Phuket Town. Pop into a cashew factory to learn about one of the Phuket's biggest sources of income then taste and shop for nutty souvenirs if you want before driving through the streets of Phuket Old Town to admire the well-preserved and historic Sino-Portuguese architecture of the city. Your outing ends at the biggest gems factory in the world where you can take advantage of the complimentary soft drink and the air-conditioned lounge, visit the factory showroom and cinema and browse the enormous store with your own personal guide to assist you.
Or choose the AFTERNOON ROUTE which permits a closer look at Phuket Old Town with that component of the tour being a Walking Tour. The Cashew Nut Factory, the Big Buddha and Wat Chalong will still be included if you elect to take the afternoon tour, but no stop will be made at Karon Viewpoint or at the gem store. The last stop will be at Promthep Cape, which is known for giving its visitors some phenomenally beautiful sunsets views.
Finally why not upgrade yourself and choose the PRIVATE OPTION should you wish that extra bit of flexibility and personalised service. One set price for up to 8 people.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Hand sanitiser provided