Visitors to Yerevan are sure to enjoy the opera houses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls, museums and monuments. Top sights in the city include Yerevan Cascade, Yerevan Opera House and Matenadaran.
- You'll find 354 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Yerevan
- The closest major airport is in Yerevan (EVN-Zvartnots Intl.), 6.4 mi (10.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Igdir (IGD), 36.2 mi (58.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yerevan
Well known for its opera, the city's cultural venues include Yerevan Opera House, National Gallery of Armenia and Sergei Paradjanov Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Yerevan Cascade, Matenadaran and Tsitsernakaberd. The picturesque setting of Victory Park and Yerevan Botanic Garden exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Balahovit, there are 319 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Meg - This 3-star hotel in Kentron features free WiFi, free parking and spa services. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express Yerevan - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kentron can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hostel Glide - Guests who stay at this 1.5-star hostel in Arabkir can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Other favourite sights in Yerevan include Mother Armenia, Republic Square and Erebuni Fortress.
Getting around Yerevan
Make your way to David of Sassoun Station for metro transport. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Yerevan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and -6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- Yerevan gets about 1005.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -4°C