Search Hotels in Xaghra
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 14 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 28 Jun 2019
Visitors to Xaghra are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, churches and wineries. Top sights around the area include Ggantija Temple, Blue Lagoon and Mellieha Bay.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodation options in Xaghra
- The closest major airport is in Luqa (MLA-Malta Intl.), 19 mi (30.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Xaghra
The city is notable for landmarks like Ggantija Temple, Ta'Kola Windmill and Xerri's Grotto. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and Ramla Bay Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Calypso's Cave and Ta' Mena Estate.
Popular places to see outside the city include Blue Lagoon, located 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Mellieha Bay, which is 7.5 mi (12 km) away.
Dressing for Xaghra
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 12°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 20°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 11°C
- Average annual rainfall for Xaghra is 515.50 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°C