Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Woolloomooloo, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, bustling port and renowned opera house. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and gardens. Royal Botanic Gardens, Hyde Park and Sydney Tower are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2787 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Woolloomooloo
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Crown Street is a favourite for retail therapy. Exploring the port is a top activity, and Woolloomooloo Wharf is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Royal Botanic Gardens and Hyde Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Woolloomooloo. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- The Sydney Boulevard Hotel - Our customers like the central location and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- Ady's Place Backpackers - With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Sydney Tower, located 0.6 mi (1 km) from the heart of the city, and Sydney Town Hall, which is 0.7 mi (1.2 km) away.
Dressing for Woolloomooloo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- About 1188 millimetres of rain falls on Woolloomooloo each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 8°C