Search Hotels in Windsor
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 15 Sep 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 14 Feb 2020
Travellers to Windsor give high marks for the casinos, riverfront and top-notch restaurants. Urban and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its live music and bars. Top sights in the city include Detroit Windsor Tunnel, Point Pelee National Park and Lake Erie.
- There are 60 hotels and other accommodation options in Windsor
- The closest major airport is in Windsor, ON (YQG), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 6.6 mi (10.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Windsor
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Chrysler Theatre, Art Gallery of Windsor and Leamington Arts Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Detroit Windsor Tunnel, St. Clair College and Fort Malden National Historic Site. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and these places to visit: Point Pelee National Park, Lake Erie and Lake Saint Clair.
In Leamington, you'll find 60 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Omstead's On Erie - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a private beach, free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Point Pelee Lakeshore B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Top places to see in the area include GM Renaissance Center, located 1 mi (1.5 km) from the city centre, and Cobo Center, which is 1 mi/1.5 km away.
Getting around Windsor
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Windsor Station. Windsor might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Windsor
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Windsor is 29 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Windsor?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Windsor, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Windsor?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Windsor?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Windsor?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Windsor?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Windsor?
What's the best high-end hotel in Windsor?
What's the best accommodation option for some casino gaming in Windsor?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Windsor?
What are some hotels with pools in Windsor?
Windsor Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Windsor by Star Rating
- Hotels near Windsor Airports
- Areas of Windsor
- Accommodation near Windsor Attractions
- More accommodation types in Windsor
- Choose Your Windsor Hotel Style
- Search Windsor Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Windsor
- Hotels Near Windsor, Ontario
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends